This web site should not be confused with anything vaguely resembling original scholarship. The information contained herein is culled from secondary sources and as such should not be construed as even remotely definitive. Seriously.
The Swiss Guard Prepare for Invasion at Piazza San Pietro
Some of our sources of information include:
- Caporilli, Memmo, The Popes, (Trent: Euroedit, 2003)
- Catholic Encyclopedia, available from http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/
- Chamberlin, E. R., The Bad Popes, (New York: Signet, 1971)
- Hollis, Christopher, ed., The Papacy, (New York: Macmillan, 1964)
- Maxwell-Stuart, P. G., Chronicle of the Popes, (London: Thames & Hudson, 1997)
- Pontifical Administration of the Patriarchal Basilica of Saint Paul, The Popes: Twenty Centuries of History, (Rome: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2002)
- "St. Anthony Messenger" Magazine, May 2005, pp. 28-33.
Also extremely helpful was the official Vatican site at http://www.vatican.va
Pictures of the Popes primarily taken from Basilica San Paolo fuori le Mura (St. Paul Outside the Walls), Rome.
Many of our book sources are still in print, and some are available from the POPshop.